Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am not sure if I ever shared this...

The week before Jeff died, I had him talk to the kids about an agreement he and I had had for 15 years. When  Mary Morgan was a baby we looked at each other and realize we could not do this by ourselves...That is, raise a child on our own. At that moment, we agreed that if anything ever happened to either one of us that the other one would be able to move on with their life. The week before he died, we sat the kids down and Jeff explained to them our agreement. I don't think that any of us understood at the time how important this conversation would be!!  Jeff said to them "Mom is young and full of life, after a considerable amount of time it is okay for her to start dating other people. God did not design us to be alone.  And then at some point, if it was in God's will, God could bring someone into our family, not to replace me (Jeff) but, to be a companion to Mom and to come alongside Mom and to support her in raising the two of you." Jeff gave his approval for me to move on with my life.


Seeing that this is Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for a wonderful family and a relationship that was solid for 17 years.  I am thankful for grace that has allowed me to continue to move forward. For by Grace we are saved through Faith.  Have a wonderful and blessed day!
More tomorrow!
In Him!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment