Monday, November 19, 2012

Catching up!

I haven't blogged in a LONG time but, I hope to catch you up and continue on.  It is a very busy life having 2 teenagers with full schedules and being the only driver.  I am so thankful I am organized or we would never get anywhere.  We have been taking one day at a time.

We had a full summer.  MayMo took a 2 week trip to Zambia, Africa with 23 youth and staff from our church. It was a life changing experience for her...and for Carter and I-we missed her a LOT!  Carter spent an entire week living on campus at The University of Memphis at a music camp. He had a blast, excelled in his cello performance and earned 2 awards! All 3 of us when on our church's Summer Trip to MO. I completed a high ropes challenge course with our pastor's wife. It was the most physically challenging thing I have ever done. I was glad to have done it though! YOLO!!

Also this summer, I started a new personal chapter in my life...DATING!  WOW, now this has been an adventure.  It seemed that no one I knew, knew any single guys so, I tried one dating website and it was horrible. Matching me with guys form MI, NJ, MT and Southern FL.  The first question was always..."Would you be willing to relocate"...NOT!!!! I dropped that website fast!
I was invited to a dinner party with a friend and met a guy that had recently lost his wife to cancer.  We went on several dates and I realized that going to a restaurant with cloth napkins and a real waiter was a lot of fun.  It was a good experience but, he moved to Nashville. I realized that it was okay to have fun, laugh and enjoy myself. To be honest, it was very weird after being committed for 19 years to one person, to think that I was trying to create a new relationship with a man!!

That brings us to August.  MayMo has started her Sophomore year in HS and Carter 8th in MS.  They both enjoy school and are doing well.  I started my 6th year at my school.  I Love teaching Art!  It is so satisfying to see the light bulb go off in my students. 
We continue to have out pouring love and support from many, many of you.  This is what gets us through this journey. 
More tomorrow!
In Him!
Dawn

2 comments: